Fundamentals of Employer-Sponsored Retirement Plans
Join the Kansas City Chapter of ISCEBS for our upcoming Fundamentals of Employer-Sponsored Retirement Plans on Thursday, May 23, 2019.
May 23, 2019
7:45 AM - 3:45 PM
444 W. 47th Street
Floor 5, Meeting Room - 5B
Kansas City, MO 64112
Free parking is available below the Lockton building in the attached garage. Enter the garage from 47th Street, Pennsylvania or 46th Terrace and then use the elevator to go up to the Lockton building. Note that the above ground lot has a two hour time limit and the plaza does issue parking tickets!
Registration & Continental Breakfast - 7:45 – 8:00 a.m.
Welcome & Announcements - 8:00 – 8:15 a.m.
Department of Labor Update - 8:15 – 9:30 a.m.
Fran Gray, Lead Benefits Advisor, U.S. Department of Labor
- Summary –session to discuss what ERISA is and how it applies to qualified retirement plans, an overview of fiduciary duties and responsibilities, and the role of the U.S. Dept. of Labor in the benefits industry.
Avoiding or Fixing Common Plan Mistakes - 9:30 – 10:45 a.m.
Beth Miller, Of Counsel, Spencer Fane LLP
- Summary –session will identify some of the most common operational retirement plan errors, summarize the IRS and Department of Labor programs that provide guidance for correcting such errors, and describe strategies to avoid them.
Break - 10:45 – 11:00 a.m.
Retirement Plan Investment Basics - 11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Vern Cushenbery, Chief Investment Officer, Two West Advisors
- Summary –session will share what fiduciaries need to be considering as it applies to selecting an investment lineup and QDIA strategy and how they might approach complementing these efforts with holistic investment philosophy designed to fulfill both the goals of buttoning up the plan from a fiduciary standpoint while simultaneously creating optimal outcomes for plan participants.
Lunch –Q39 BBQ - 12:15 – 12:45 p.m.
Overview of Reporting and Disclosure - 12:45 – 2:00 p.m.
Cindy Dwyer, CPA, President, MHM Retirement Plan Solutions
Jonilyn Davidson, Supervising Senior Associate, MHM Retirement Plan Solutions
- Summary –session to provide an overview of the most common disclosures that administrators of employee benefit plans are required to furnish to participants, beneficiaries, and certain other individuals under Title I of ERISA.
Break - 2:00 – 2:15 p.m.
Legislative & Regulatory Update - 2:15 – 3:30 p.m.
Sam Henson, JD, Director of Legislative & Regulatory Affairs, Lockton
- Summary –session to discuss the current regulatory and legislative issues affecting retirement plans.
Wrap Up & Evaluations - 3:30 – 3:45 p.m.
For complete program and speaker information please click here.
Check - Advance payment by mail should be sent to the following Board member:
Brent Hall, CEBS
707 N Persimmon View
Olathe, KS 66061
Square - Please select one of the registration fees below and you will be directed to Square to complete your registration.